PDA

View Full Version : more on cancer travelling to the brain

Lyn
08-27-2005, 02:14 AM
I was considering the fact that the brain sends out t he signals for the cells to mutate and it may be possible that the cancer doesn't travel their to the brain but instead the cancer cells back up like a blocked drain and that is why the drugs can't get through, a bit like pushing water up hill, but radiation and cyper knife travel through the tissue. It doesn't pass to testicles either so I figure that both the brain and testicles are exits for the body the brain to send out signals to the cell to regulate the body and the testicles to reproduce cells by exiting sperm. Does this sound outrageous.

Hugs Lyn

Gina
08-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi, Lyn,

I absolutely LOVE the way your mind works...we are partners in crime that is for sure...ACTUALLY, I think there could be something to your line of reasoning...sort of...I believe most of us on this site have known some folks with brain mets do tend to do better with the Herceptin and some folks think that even if it doesn't actually cross the blood/brain barrier. that simply by reducing tumor burden in the rest of the body, it can give the brain a break and a chance...though small, to heal itself. The brain, like the liver has AMAZING self rejuvenating properties... VERY interesting comments today..please keep your posts coming.... Cheers, Gina.

Lisa
08-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Lyn and Gina,

Ladies, sometimes I think you are both whacked! Lyn, you HAVE to think outside the box just to survive all you have. Gina, too early to tell for sure, but I think you're just plain nuts!

Please take this in the silly manner in which it was intended.

Love and light to both,

Lisa

Rach
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Lisa,

I thought I was the only one to say someone is whacked! You made me chuckle. Thanks!

Rach

Gina
09-08-2005, 11:57 PM
YES, YES, yes, LADIES,

I am definitely nuts...I eat so many of them hee hee hee !!!! dot dot dot, but, nuts or not, I am STILL here and kickin...wink.

Take care to all, Gina