http://www.her2support.org/tk.jpg
Warmest Regards
Joe

Celina
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow...way to go, Tricia!!!

*_Cathy_*
08-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi Tricia- You are beautiful!! Are you the same Tricia that keeps cheering us up with your positive attitude and deep faith? Keep it up, everything is working. "All for the greater glory of God." God Bless- Cathy

michele u
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
God has blessed you with all those grandkids!!

triciak
08-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, I am the same Tricia! I love seeing your pictures and wanted to get a chance for us to all know each other better. That big grin is because I am Dancin" with Ned! The little dog is my Basenji, Keesha. It is so good to get to know you all better day by day. I think the chat room idea would be great, too! Hugs, tricia

jag
08-22-2005, 04:50 PM
good news.....GOD bless

Lisa
08-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Tricia,

Thank you for sharing your smiling face with us! You are as beautiful as your spirit.

As far as the chat room, we tried having one, geez, maybe 1 1/2 years ago. It was somewhat frustrating for those of us who were scheduled to be the monitors because there was very little participation. We tried to schedule times that would be good for all (U.S.) time zones. We also had, I believe, an open chat room that was available any time. But again, very little participation. My husband attempted to start a Men's Chat, but next to nobody "showed up."

That's not to say that the current membership wouldn't be more active.

Love and light,

Lisa

StephN
08-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Great to "see" you and your lovely smile.

Are you ER/PR neg?? I ask because you spent a lot of years pregnant with all those beautiful children.

I can guess that your breast cancer hit perhaps just after the pause. Just mulling around risk factors at the moment.

saleboat
08-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Tricia-- you are BEAUTIFUL! I hope your many children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren tell you that everyday!!! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and keeping us inspired.

Jen

Rozebud
08-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Tricia you are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope to be like you someday and see my children and grandchildren....

triciak
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks to all of you! I have to tell you all, since Stephanie asked, that I am Pr and Er positive. And yes, my first BC was after menopause, at age 55. And as far as all the pregnancies, I have to admit I "cheated". Only two were actually my own pregnancies, and I could only have two because I had serious problems and had to have c-sections back when there were no more than two possible. Two more were adopted, another boy and another girl, to make 2 of each, all within 2 years of each other in age! (That was fun!) My first husband was very abusive (probably why I went into psychology) so after a divorce, I married a man with 5 children, also with one adopted. His wife died. So together we have 9 children, 36 grands and 22 greats, but you know what?---We never think of yours or mine---they are all "ours" and dearly loved. Now you know a whole lot more about me! I think a large family has kept me young (there wasn't time to get old!) and I know the love and prayers of all of them have been a tremendous blessing to me. I still remember when I first was diagnosed, and my two oldest granddaughters lovingly confronted me because I had told the parents not to tell the grandkids I had been diagnosed with breast cancer. The two granddaughters chided me for this, telling me that they had a right to know and to be involved in loving me and praying for me and helping me get well. I have never forgotten that sweet moment. I am glad to hear of you sharing and helping each other in families, and all the sons and husbands who are helping their loved ones on this website!

triciak
08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
P.S. I didn't mean to leave out all the wonderful daughters I read about here who also give such unconditional love to their ill mothers, and the young mothers whose loving concerns are for the children they want to raise. I really believe that a devastating illness such as cancer brings out the deepest levels of love in people, and we learn very quickly what really matters in life: not wealth and fame and possessions, but families and love, giving and sharing. Perhaps we who go through all this are in reality the blessed ones, to learn these important things in life. Just a thought! Hugs, Tricia

Kim in CA
08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Tricia, you are just awesome! You are a special gift to all of us. You Go Girl!!!

Love, Kim

al from canada
08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Tricia,
Thanks for being there for us and you are absolutley right: family and friends.......
All the best,
Al