PDA

View Full Version : Leticia's brain mets and email address....

pattyz
08-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Please email me at: ptbrave2000@yahoo.com if you want to write Leticia some news or support. btw: she is in Germany. I guess I will be using a large font when I write to her and won't be my usual wordy self.... Here is her latest news just this morning:

Dear Patty,you have not heared from me because I just came back from my surgery for about 2 days. I just wanted you to know. The almost 3 weeks I was at the Hospital were not as bad as I imagined. The craniotomy was neither as painful and the results as terrible as I thought, so you don´t have to be afraid.The only thing is making me sicker now are the stereoides I had to take. Can you imagine? Doctors forgot to reduce the amount cortison, so I will have to take it until august, the 18th. My stomach is very bad now, but the last two weeks I was eating normal and I did not loose weight at all, which helped me to recover faster than normal.

Patty, I wish I could give you good news, but I can´t. I was almost a week at the sterotaxie (?do you spell it that way?) and they couln´d do anything. Unfortunatelly, the mets I had were already radiated, so they could not radiate them (4) again, as I told you, but I still hopped it could be possible.

We (my husband and I) sent on Friday all the images we had, because there is a new focal method which could helped me, since doctors in Cologned recomenden only WBR!! They told me, besides everything I have heard before, WBR is not as bad as its name, now it its done in a very different way and not as harmfull as before?? People with WBR is living much longer than expected.

Well Patty, I wish I could writte you as much as I can, but I can not see good and reading is very difficult, so I can only tell you, I AM ALIVE and still searching for another alternatives. I will let you know as soon as I know more.

You can writte in the Chat Room what I told you and give my E-Mail Address too- You are my representant Patty, do whathever you think is right, ok?

Thank you for being there.....

Leticia

jojo
08-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Patty,

I am happy to hear that Leticia is recovering nicely from her craniotomy.

Although, we live in different countries, I am pretty sure that at least somebody in Europe must know a lot about treating brain mets.

I wouldn't be surprised, if they did have some advanced technology there. For one thing, Europe did perform a trial study associated with her2 (I forgot exactly which study) in which we at USA had yet to start a trial that involved her2 cancer. We were late about 2 years or so. I think that, at least, England & Italy were involved in that her2 trial.

Has Leticia tried either England or Italy for any feedback on treating brain mets?

How about calling some top breast cancer centers here in USA if they know of anybody in Europe?....

pattyz
08-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Jo,
Leticia sent me some info on Nanotechnology cancer therapy! Never heard of it, yet googling gives a ton of hits. She has also looked into Lapatinib...before I was aware of it, too... I don't think she is short of much info, but is always searching for bits she may not have seen as well as personal experiences with different treatments for brain mets...

thankyou, Jo
hugs,patty xoxo