PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Saddle, Again

Linda in Calif.
08-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi All: Just wanted to update everyone...had my loading dose of herceptin yesterday. Made my Onc. double check with the insurance people and he said it was a "GO!". Had a rough night with headache, chills, fever and "nervous" tummy. It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction I have with only Herceptin because the last time I had it was in combination with other chemo drugs. Slept until 11:30 this morning and felt washed out the rest of the day. My skin is hurting me...wierd side effect. I keep having this image of the Herceptin acting like Pac-Man eating up all those little cancer cells. I'm taking CoQ10 this time and hopefully that will help with my heart function. Wish me Luck!!! Linda in Calif.

jag
08-06-2005, 09:20 PM
GOOD LUCK LINDA---GOD BLESS

triciak
08-07-2005, 11:04 AM
God bless you, Linda, and keep those little pac-men going---it worked for me 15 years ago!! Tricia K

StephN
08-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi Linda -

Your image of the Pac Man is a good one that can be effective. The effects you felt on the last few hours should be better by today and this is the loading dose so should not be this way in the future.
I recall those chills - and fatigue, but they were short-lived. Try some Tylenol when you have your next dose. I never have had any premed for Herceptin, but routinely take allergy med for pollens and dust.

Hang in there this time! We're all pulling for you. ;)