PDA

View Full Version : abraxane

Mickey
08-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Looks like abraxane/herceptine is the choice. Any experiences?

Lisa
08-04-2005, 04:58 PM
If my lymph nodes were totally new and I hadn't already been fighting the liver mets with Taxol, my onc would have put me on that combo. The first reports in about it are good!

Love and light,

Lisa

Cindy H.
08-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I am on Abraxane only and had my first treatment July 20 and go back for #2 next week Aug 10. No hand and feet thing so far. This is a salvage treatment for me since I really have never been NED since dx in 12/02. I have found it very tolerable.

Pam P
08-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Cindy -- What do you mean by 'salvage treatment'? Pam

08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Salvage treatments just mean any additional chemo that I have had to try to get me in remission. I have had quite a few chemo treatments in the past 3 years.

Gina
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM
To the person who mentioned the salvage thing>>> If you have her-2 with whatever else you have as I guess you must as you are joining us in these her-2 discussions, I would question whether you have ever simply gone off everything and given PURE HERCEPTIN a try combined with a nutritious diet. It sure "salvaged" me and beats anything traditional chemo offers. I am er/pr neg, her-2 3+ had mets everywhere...but now doing so well...8 years OUT. Herceptin gave me my life back. I work, raise my son (I'm a single parent). I have not taken traditional chemo since '98, before Herceptin was released. I have had a LOT of experience with it, being among the first to uh..."test" it ... smile . Would love to help anyway I could. My home email is GPopp@Comcast.net. Best of luck, Gina

Gina
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM
To the person who mentioned the salvage thing>>> If you have her-2 with whatever else you have as I guess you must as you are joining us in these her-2 discussions, I would question whether you have ever simply gone off everything and given PURE HERCEPTIN a try combined with a nutritious diet. It sure "salvaged" me and beats anything traditional chemo offers. I am er/pr neg, her-2 3+ had mets everywhere...but now doing so well...8 years OUT. Herceptin gave me my life back. I work, raise my son (I'm a single parent). I have not taken traditional chemo since '98, before Herceptin was released. I have had a LOT of experience with it, being among the first to uh..."test" it ... smile . Would love to help anyway I could. My home email is GPopp@Comcast.net. Best of luck, Gina