PDA

View Full Version : Painful joints - especially knees and lower legs

Debbie Prosser
07-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello ladies
I am a lurker to this site, but dont often post, but need to ask a question of you ladies. I have mets to my liver and am currently on herceptine, arimidex and zoladex since Jan this year.

Question is had Zoladex injection last Monday and had been jogging before then (2 weeks) as trying to get strong and fit, with no problems, as daft idea but trying to get my body strong for whatever is throw at it. Then last Zoladex injection 2 days later could hardly walk let alone run and now a week and a half later pain is only just wearing off. Knees really painful like needles and like there was no cushioning inbetween knee joints, difficulty in bending knees and so stiff. Constant pain throbing with needle like stabbing pains constantly. Has anyone else had this dont want to make too much of a fuss as dont want to be taken off of drugs as they are working.

Sorry for going on so. Thank you

jojo
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi Debbie,

I had experienced the feel of "no cushion" between knees & legs, only while I was on steroids kinda long-term (due to muscle loss, thus more strains on joints). Really happy to say that I'm no longer on the dang steroids!

Every now & then, I would feel like some nerves were being pinched, an awful shooting of "needles" up between my right foot & right knee. My nurse practitioner said that it was because I am in menopause & it is a side effect (not sure which is exactly coming from: Zoladex or Aromasin). I have been on Zoladex for a year & half, Aromasin for 8 months. My nurse practitioner didn't alter my dosages.

Sorry, I couldn't answer your question directly, but I suggest that you tell your doctor about your pains.

Good luck!

*_Sandy H._*
07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I have joint pain from the chemo I have been on. I take Flaxseed oil and that has taken care of the joint pain. If I forget to take them in the morning or at night I will have pain in my knees and that reminds me to take it. I take as much as I need to take care of the pain. I figure it beats taking pain med. It is also very good for arthritis. hugs, Sandy