PDA

View Full Version : What are mets to lungs and brain symptoms?

*_Vicki Z_*
06-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Many of you are so intelligent and learned in these areas and have a way of writing that both educates us and eases our concerns. Can some of you jot down some bulleted items about what the basic things are to watch out for with mets to the lungs and brains?

Love, hugs and blessings to each of you. Vicki Z

imported_Joe
06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Vickie,

From our Brain Tumor Page:

What Are the Typical Symptoms of Brain Metastases?
As tumor cells multiply within the brain, they can press against, irritate, and/or destroy normal brain tissue. As a result, brain metastases can be associated with symptoms such as headaches, seizures, speech problems, weakness, bad vision, pain or numbness, problems moving, paralysis, nausea, or vomiting. Brain meta-stases may cause a feeling of tiredness or fatigue. In addition, brain metastases can cause problems with memory, reading, and talking.

However, not everyone gets every symptom. In fact, about one third of people with brain metastases have no symptoms at all.

Warmest Regards
Joe

*_Vicki Z_*
06-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Joe, you are great and I appreciate the information you gave me.

Have a nice weekend, Vicki

Lisa
06-18-2005, 09:30 PM
While my onc told me he looks for visual changes for brain mets, I was one who had NO SYMPTOMS. Make sure you have regular brain MRIs when you have your other scans.

Don't know about lung symptoms.

Love and light,

Lisa