PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready for My Cruise!

Esther
06-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I know there are some recent cruisers from here on the board, and now it's my turn!

I've started my cruise shopping...somehow, I have nothing to wear... We Fly from LAX on Sat the 2nd of July to New Orleans, then board the ship on Sun the 3rd. We stop in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

My husband Chris is getting certified in scuba diving, so we will be able to dive in Grand Cayman and Cozumel on this trip.

I'm feeling pretty energetic these days, so I'm looking forward to a great time.

It's so good to know that even with stage 4 BC mets, we can still totally enjoy life.

Sandy H.
06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Esther that is wonderful. I am sure you will have a great time. My husband and I talk about doing things further out these days instead of day to day. We want to do a cruise but it will be later. This summer we are going to camp and enjoying ourselves. No chemo!!! Isn't that a wonderful feeling? Keep us updated. hugs, Sandy

StephN
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
GO for it, Esther!
As I recall, you did go on a cruise last summer, and enjoyed yourself. But that was when you were still working on getting better.
Make this trip one to really remember!

*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*
06-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi Esther

I am getting excited all over again, but this time for you.

I know you will have an absolutely wonderful time, especially with the scuba diving. The waters are so inviting/beautiful there.

I am "still" in such a relaxed mode from my trip. It did us a world of good.

Enjoy all of your shopping (that was half of the fun) and have a great time (eat alot too)

Your friend in Florida - Irene

let us know when you are back and how the cruise turned out.

al from canada
06-18-2005, 07:39 PM
That's great Esther!!!
Have a great time. Linda and I are thinking of doing about 3 weeks in Europe this fall after hearing about Steph's great time.
Maybe we should start a "Chemo Club" travel group.... if there is an airline somewhere willing to give us cut rates? Anyone with connections: now is your time to speak!!
Al

Esther
06-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Chemo travel club sounds good! We are planing to go to Paris in June of next year with my sister's family.

I've done more traveling since my mets diagnosis than ever before.