PDA

View Full Version : Lapitinib

judiek
06-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Do you have to be her2 postive for this drug to work?

Thanks

warmly,

judiek

imported_Joe
06-12-2005, 03:22 AM
I believe that there were several trials for women who were not HER2+ but as of yet there results were never announced.

Regards
Joe

judiek
06-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Thanks Joe...I will ask my oncologist about it

imported_Joe
06-12-2005, 06:51 AM
I received the following email recently:

Today, we are notifying you of three (3) breast cancer clinical research studies (clinical trials) being conducted in your area that may be of interest to you. The studies are evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an investigational oral drug, GW572016, for the treatment of advanced or metastatic, Stage III or IV, breast cancer in women.

Below are some of the criteria that you must meet to be eligible for this study:
Female, at least 18 years of age
Diagnosed with Stage III or Stage IV breast cancer
Able to swallow and retain oral medications
Not currently pregnant or nursing.
Additional criteria will be evaluated to determine your eligibility.

All qualified study participants will receive the investigational drug at no cost. The length of study participation is dependent on how each woman and her tumor(s) respond to the study drug(s).

If these studies interest you and you wish to find out if you may be eligible to participate, we invite you to contact Acurian for pre-screening by clicking here or calling toll free 1-800-563-6118.

About Acurian
Acurian is a company that specializes in education and awareness campaigns for clinical research studies. They are working with the sponsor of these studies to coordinate the pre-screening and referral of women to the research sites for further evaluation and consideration for participation in these breast cancer research studies.

Acurian's Privacy Statement:
Your responses to the pre-screening questions will be kept confidential and will only be shared with the research study doctor's staff to help them determine your final eligibility for this study. This de-identified data may also be shared with the study sponsor, and its representatives, should you be enrolled. Your information will be saved at Acurian only until the study is complete; then it will be destroyed. The decision to participate will be yours alone and you can change your mind at any time.

To see if you are eligible and get more information on the clinical trials, click here
http://www.cancerprofiler.nexcura.com/go/acurianbreast
or call toll-free 1-800-563-6118.

If you have questions about why you received this e-mail please contact:

NexCura Clinical Trial Services
1725 Westlake Ave. N. Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98109
Email: clinicaltrials@education.nexcura.com

mts
06-21-2005, 06:41 AM
I believe that Lapatinib is used for patients HER2 + when Herceptin has not been effective. There are trials combining the two that Joe pointed out. Its a Herceptin like drug and is a pill.

warmly,

MTS

al from canada
06-21-2005, 08:50 PM
My undertanding is that this drug is effective for HER1 and HER2. That's another advantage besides being an oral drug.
Regards,
Al