PDA

View Full Version : Lapatinib

Sandy H.
06-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is any recent info on this drug? I thought there was but don't seem to find it. My oncologist is looking into trying it for my skin mets. Said if I can come up with any info he would appreciate it. He says us patients don't realize it but we have lots of pull in our treatments options. Now, I suppose I will be expected to really come up with information. Everyone knows that I get lots of info from this board as now they keep mentioning can you go to your board and get some info for me!! Hugs, Sandy

michele u
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Sandy,
I have been doing some research on this drug to. It is oral, and it's in alot of clinical trials right now. Being stage 4 i know you can get into a trial. If not, if your dr will try and get it for that would be great. i know my dr got Abraxane for a gal that was not fda approved yet. I have been wanting to get on Lapatinib in an adjuvant setting, but no trials yet. Get into the clinical trials and take him all the info and see if he could get it for you. It sounds very promising in the trials

Sandy H.
06-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks Michelle for responding. My oncologist is trying to keep me off chemo as long as he can. We know Taxol and Carboplatin works great on my skin mets (done it twice) but he is worried about the neuropathy from the Taxol. He says I am doing so well that he does not want to take my hands and feet away from me. We tried navelbine and xeloda but it didn't work. He was thinking if he could just get me on Lapatinib with the Herceptin it might hold me for a while. I don't know if that can be done. I thought this drug had been released but guess it hasn't. Hugs, Sandy

Patty H
06-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I've been waiting to hear more on this too. I did fill out a paper to see if I qualified for a clinci trial of it but it can back right away saying I didn't. I'm not sure why but I think it was because of all the chemo's I have already taken or are on now. But as soon as it's available even I would like to try it. Patty H

*_celina_*
06-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Sandy, did you hear that it could be taken WITH herceptin? I would be so interested in knowing this.
This could be my sister's last hope in dealing with her brain mets. She is doing rather well on herceptin, otherwise. (Her bone and liver mets have been stable for a year now). We though that she would have to be taken off Herceptin in order to take Lapatinib. She feels as though Herceptin is her "safety net" and she would hate to be off of it.

Sandy H.
06-12-2005, 05:41 PM
It is my understanding it can be given with Herceptin. I am not sure if it can be given without chem though. I guess that is my question. hugs, Sandy