PDA

View Full Version : Scans are clean!

Sandy H.
06-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I am happy to report that my scans came back clean again. If we didn't have to deal with these skin mets life would be perfect, I think. Got my Miltex today and my oncologist thought he was going to end up in jail over it. He got a letter telling him to stop smuggling drugs into the country or he would be arrested. He wondered if he should get an attorney! Then, low and behold I got the Senator in on it, not knowing it was this bad with him. Poor guy he worked so hard beating his head against the wall so he told me. Well, its behind us now. hugs, Sandy

StephN
06-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Some of our federal agencies need to go back to KINDERGARTEN! They are that dumb ...
So glad to hear that all's well the has ended well on this go round!
If Miltex keeps you off chemo then you have to keep fighting for it. And the fact the the Senator is on your side has to be of some comfort that not all politicians are jerks.
Keep up the good work and being such a shinning example for the other gals with Inflammatory BC.
Big hugs.

Esther
06-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Congratulations on your clean scans! You also have a super onc., that was willing to go so far in trying to get the miltex for you.

Hopefully it will be easy from here on to receive it. After hearing your story with the miltex, I was wondering if I would have a problem with the Iscador that comes from Germany, so far it's been ok.

Sandy H.
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
The nurse told me it would be the same process if we ever need more. No refills the same amount of paper work. I have 10 one ounce bottles and its a lotion so it goes a long ways. Suppose to be a 3 months supple but I am sure it can be more then that. My skin mets appear to be on the rampage so we may have to do something else or add to the Miltex. They said they are getting tough on any thing coming from another country. My oncologist says he is licensed to write prescriptions in Canada and they are getting into that as well. He is not happy with this whole thing. It really gave me a chance to hear how he feels about this whole system. Hugs, Sandy

Rozebud
06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Hooray :) !!

*_Kim in DC_*
06-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Sandy,

That is great news!!!! I'm praying for you!!!!

Kim

*_Cathy_*
06-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Dear Sandy- How wonderful!!! I have a dumb question. I am still learning all the lingo from this board so could you tell me what skin mets mean? Is it skin cancer? I am so happy for you,. Keep up the positive attitude! God Bless You, Cathy

mamacze
06-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi Sandy!
That is great news; nothing better than sharing a smile! You are a real inspiration...keep up the good fight!
Love Kim from CT

Lolly
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Way to go Sandy! I'm afraid the problem with importing prescription drugs from other countries has more to do with the power of the pharmaceutical companies fighting our access to cheaper drugs than any real concerns about consumer saftey issues; just my humble somewhat cynical opinion :)

<3,
Lolly

joy
06-11-2005, 06:08 AM
SO HAPPY for you Sandy! You continue to inspire-THANK YOU!
Love, Joy