PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin Availability

mts
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I finished my AC +T and then 35 rads recently.
Where can I get Herceptin off trial?

Or does anyone know if there is a trial for node negative; er/pr neg; HER2+++ and no mets ?

I was told by my Med Onc that my "aggressive cancer" would benefit from Herceptin. Right now, I am looking at an expense of approx $76,000 for 1 year of Herceptin at a local oncologists office. My insurance is not wanting to cover the drugr, but will cover airfare! (go figure).

I keep reading about a vaccine on this site; but cannot find data explaining the vaccine... I hate to jump on board with all these questions, but would welcome any comments.

thank you- mts

Doris
06-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I would also like to find a trial for Herceptin for node neg, er,pr+ and Her2+++. The vaccine trial in Pa requires you to have the HLA(?) antigen which only 30% of women have. I did not have the antigen in my blood. The blood test costs about $200 unless you can get to Pa then you can get it free. You can find the info. under the index on this web site.

Cheryl
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Doris - What is the HLA antigen?

Rozebud
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
FYI - The Seattle (U of W) trial does not require you to be HLA 2/3 positive.

Doris
06-08-2005, 06:45 AM
I am not sure what it is but it is required for the PA vaccine clinical trial. Maureen, the clinical trial nurse at the Windber Cancer can explain it to you in more detail.

lynn
06-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Perhaps you should contact the manufacturer Genentech for some information on trials or the possibility of getting it cheaper from them. I think there is a post 20 -30 below on this same topic. Best wishes.