PDA

View Full Version : Dear Frank&Evelyn,Velva&Patty H.

*_Cathy_*
06-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Dear Frank&Evelyn, Velva&Patty H-
Thanks so much for helping me with my xeloda question. I just took my first dose and I am wondering when I will feel the side effects and will they be constant all day. For instance, if I get the nausea, will it be continuous all day long? Were you able to carry on your daily activities? I will pray for each of you today that God blesses you with good health, joy and peace. Onward and Upward- Cathy

Patty H
06-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I never had any nausea on xeloda. I have some hand and foot problem and mouth sores but that took a couple of weeks. I walked a couple of miles today and mostly feel pretty good. Good luck with it. I t is nice to be able to take at home. I'm hoping if it works for me, that maybe I can go on 3 weekly herceptin since I have to see the Dr. every three weeks. But for now that is just in the hope stage. Patty H

Cindi
06-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Cathy,

I have been on a systemic dose of Xeloda for about 3 months now (3000 mg daily). No nausea, just some hand and foot syndrome and some diarreha (sp?). I keep the hand and foot syndrome "at bay" by taking 100 mg of vitamin B6. My Onc. told me to take it daily. I also rub lotion on my feet every night and let it really soak in. So far, no problems with wearing any of my shoes to work. As I said, it's there, but I am keeping the side effects of the hand and foot syndrome at bay.

Good luck to you. Everyone reacts differently to these drugs.

God Bless.
Cindi.