PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!

dberg
06-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I really think I would have slipped through the cracks if I hadn't hounded my onc after the ASCO convention. Being only 3 months out of chemo, and 2 weeks out of rads, I was one of those in the gray area they didn't address.

I have said before that I am not the same patient I was when I started chemo back in August. I have spent HOURS on this site and its links, "obsessing" according to my teenagers. But I have learned that nobody will fight harder than me to save my life. Thanks to the persistence gene that I got from my Mom, and this wonderful support site, I was able to look my onc in the eye and tell him what I wanted and why.

imported_Joe
06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
I once saw a button at a cancer event, it said:

"It may only be your Job, but it's My Life"

I think that is appropriate for you.

Regards
Joe

imported_Joe
06-03-2005, 04:19 PM
I googled it and am correcting it to read:

"To You It's A Job; To Me It's My Life"

Regards
Joe

Becky
06-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Good for you. I am one month ahead of you (4 months out of chemo and 7 weeks out of rads). I go for my muga and echo and start a year of Herceptin for a year starting June 17. Had the fight of my life too but I figure, as a wife and mother, you give and give and give. Always looking out for the other guy and not making waves, giving the benefit of the doubt. BUT NOT THIS TIME.

If this disease takes me down, I know I did everything I could do and will rest easy.

Becky