PDA

View Full Version : New U of W vaccine trial in the works

StephN
05-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone,
Lolly posted the other day about a new trial that she heard about on Monday when she was at the U of W for her vaccine. She said:

"It will be a DNA vaccine, as opposed to the CTL vaccine which I'm receiving, but the great advantage is that one need NOT be HLA-A2 positive, so more of us will qualify for this one. I think concurrent Herceptin is required, but contact Patty Fintak for more info: (206)543-6620."

The above is mostly correct, but they are still waiting for approvals on some of the details and parameters. Patty did a brief interview of my case over the phone and said from that she feels I could be a candidate.
Without the full details of the trial finalized, they are not starting to enroll patients. She will contact me in 4 to 6 weeks when things are settled. She could not tell me how many shots, etc. at this point.

But she knows that the info is now posted on this site and mentioned getting a couple of other call besides mine. So, a list is forming and she is willing to take names to contact in the near future.

I am excited as I have not been able to qualify for the other vaccine trials up to this point. After I have my next "clear" brain MRI July 5th, I should be in great shape to do this one!

Mickey
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I think I will call too, Steph. I am doing WBR now but will be done in three weeks and am NED otherwise. Like you, Seattle is so convenient. I am there all the time anyway.
Mickey

michele u
05-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Steph,
The vaccine i'm getting did not require HLA testing. I think mine is the DNA vaccine. I know they have at least 3 different vaccines they are testing. One for stage 4 and mine is for stage 1-3. I get only 3 shots instead of 6 like some of the others.

Lolly
05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Steph, thanks for clarifying; I knew I could count on you to fill in the blanks!

<3,
Lolly