PDA

View Full Version : Brain mets, looks like they're back

Velva
05-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Got a call from PA @ M.D. Anderson this morning & MRIshows "something" where craiotomy sx was done in Nov. 2004 & a little something just outside the surgery site, last MRI April 04, 05 was totally clear. Am scheduled to see radiologist, neurosurgeon, then radiation oncologist on June 6th & 7th. Will most likely have WBR as I did not have it following surgery. I had surgery yesterday to remvove R neck lump - all went well. So, another bump in road, but I will keep up the fight. V

Mickey
05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Sorry you had to join my club. I just finished my second WBR treatment. So far, a little nausea and a little headache. I am sure worse to come.
Mickey

StephN
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
OH! Sorry to hear that one.
In what part of your brain was the crainiotomy? And I don't recall the size of the tumor.

"A little something" is an odd way to describe what they saw unless they do not really know if those spots are tumor or not. Hope they are VERY little, whatever "they" are.

Keep us posted and we will pray that you won't really need the WBR.

joy
05-25-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry Velva. What a disappointment, but your determination shows which is not always easy and you have it. I'm thinking of you.
Love, Joy

jojo
05-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi Velva,

I am sorry that this is happening to you. You must be on pins & needles! :-(

I, too, just had craniotomy last month. But this time, they also implanted some radiation seeds on the cavity of the tumor site. Did you ever have brachytherapy during your craniotomy? (Brachytherapy = implanting radiation seeds)

Sending LOTS of good wishes your way -- please keep us posted.

Velva
05-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks all for your concerns. I had a 3.9cm tumor in my cerebellum, no brachytherapy. I wasn't aware that brachytherapy was being used in craniotomies. I am actually doing pretty well, since I knew WBR was a possibllity. I have asked for a copy of my MRI report and will have many questions for the docs. Thanks again, Velva

jojo
05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Velva, I believe that the brachytherapy came out, like, in 1980's or 1990's -- just before gamma knife was invented, is that right? I did very little research on brachytherapy, I'd have to admit that! :-} So, any corrections are very welcome!

jojo
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
PS: I also had a tumor situated in my left cerebellum.