PDA

View Full Version : Need Everyone's Input

imported_Joe
05-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Genentech has arranged a conference call Thursday June 2nd to discuss the results of the NSABP-B-31 and NCCTG-N9831 Herceptin Trials and the ECOG 2100 Avastin Herceptin Trial. Unfortunately participation on this call is limited to invited guests only.

We will not be discussing results of the HERA Trial as they were sponsored by Roche.

Please reply with one specific question that you would like to ask. We will email them to Genentech beforehand and hopefully they will be covered.

Please answer by May 31

Regards
Joe

michele u
05-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Joe,
My main question is us that were in the arm B of N9831 trial. they gave all the good stats to arm C and really didn't know what to say about our arm. I understand that the arm c was better, but why SO much better? We took Taxol too,not just at the same time as Herceptin. We all got one year of Herceptin. I just don't understand the big statistic difference. That would be my question.

StephN
05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Where was the Avastin/Herceptin trial located, what stage now and how many were enrolled? I have heard very little about this, and thought it had more to do with other kinds of cancers.
Thanks.

Barbara
05-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi:

My question would be how does the four concurrent taxol and Herceptin treatments trial compare to the twelve (weekly)weeks of Herceptin and Taxol trial as far as reoccurence and severity of side affects.

Barbara

dberg
05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Are they working on any guidelines for oncologists to use on her2 patients that did not receive herceptin as part of their chemo? There are so many of us out there!

carol
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi Steph,
I am still in this phase I trial and I'm at UCLA. I've gotten very good results, however only 2 women including myself are left out of 9 patients. Unfortunately everybody else progressed. We are all advanced bc. They are recruiting for a phase II study right now. Please feel to contact me at:
cn310@charter.net
Regards, Carol

Rich
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
I would like to know if the best results were experienced by older patients(65+) .

AlaskaAngel
05-27-2005, 10:11 AM
What clinical trials have been completed to demonstrate whether HER2 positives who did not have Herceptin as part of original treatment definitely will not benefit from adding Herceptin now, or some version of Herceptin-with-Adriamycin-and-a-taxane?

mutz
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
I would like to know if there was a difference in response rate based on hormone receptor status.

Hope
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Joe, on some information I go fromCanceer Consultants, It referred that the the majority of the study patients were HER-2 negative. I would like to know if this info is correct. Also, my understanding is that is is only for firt-line metaststatic breast cancer patients, is that info correct. Thanks for doing this.