PDA

View Full Version : lung nodules

dberg
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
OK ladies, I don't want to lose another night's sleep over this. I saw my onc yesterday and he mentioned the rad onc had found a few tiny nodules in the preliminary CT scan for rads. I am 8 weeks out of chemo, (no Herceptin unfortunately), have 2 boosts to go, and they are just now telling me this. Both oncs don't seem very concerned, in fact the rad onc said it is "probably nothing" but they will keep an eye on it.

Have any of you ever had this happen? I am just beside myself, even though my very wonderful rad onc tried to tell me to relax.

StephN
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi -
there is one very small spot on my left lung that I have had for years now. I did not have a chest CT before or during my radiation treatment, so am a little puzzled as to why you had one now.
After my liver mets showed up they scenned me within an inch of my life. This tiny spot on my lung was noted and has been the same for numerous scans now for almost 4 years. Since it was noted when I was going into aggressive treatment for my very extensive liver mets, I did not worry about it. Nothing has changed tho, with chemo and after on Herceptin. So, they think it is something other than cancer.
This is a supposition as I did not have a CT scan to compare prior to the mets showing up. But, I will go with that!
As you say, they will watch the spots and keep good track of them. Many of us have such little places in or on our various organs that turn out to be nothing. Get some sleep, OK?

Barbara
05-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi:

I had a small nodule on my lung CT and on a follow-up Ct five months later it turned out to be a mucus plug. Also, where do you live? Many people in the Southwest have nodules on their lungs from an old and often undiagnosed case of Valley Fever. My husband has such a nodule. Take care and try not to worry to much.

Barbara

jessica
05-20-2005, 08:26 PM
i've had similar experiences w/pesky, questionable lung nodules. i've been told that they're uncertain what they are, too small to biopsy, but to just watch them.
during the year i was NED, i had a ct/pet every 12 weeks.each scan showed a tiny nodule or two.with each subsequent scan, one would disappear, then a new one popped up, but nothing consistent. and even when i was back on taxol/herceptin, those pesky nodules popped up & down again, but nothing that correlated with chemo & the shrinking response in my liver.
Frustrating isn't it?! most recently a new lung nodule popped up, this time 10mm & they wanted to biopsy it. i said no & have started on a new regimen again to finish of that stinky spot in my liver...i'll let you know if the lung nodule responds accordingly!
Take good care!

micheleulmer
05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I have also had weird lung things show up at times. They've called "thickening" to scar tissue to probably nothing! If the rad onc told he didn't think it was anything, it probably isn't. Mine they say the same thing, so i believe them

*_Cathy_*
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi- I had 3 small nodules show up on my cat scan but didn't light up on my pet scan. They have stayed the same size for months.My doc doesn't seem concerned about them. I'm on herceptin. Ialso heard them called "thickening." God Bless- Cathy