PDA

View Full Version : I think we are all celebritys

Sheila
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Most of us never made the news when we were diagnosed, but I read today in the paper that Kylie Minogue the singer was just diagnosed with breast cancer at age 36.....at least all these famous people being diagnosed hopefully helps everyone realize that no one is safe from this disease, it doesn't matter how much or how little you have, what type of person you are, whether you are young, middle age or old....we can all become victims......and survivors!

Hugs
Sheila

Lyn
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Hi Sheila, I posted that info the other night when it broke here in Australia. Kylie is having surgery tomorrow and they don't believe it is as bad as they thought. I hope that she introduces mastectomy underwear in her lingerie lines. She has asked the public to donate money to cancer research instead of sending her gifts and flowers. Her web site has been closed down because of the flood of well wishes.

I shall keep you all informed.

Love & Hugs Lyn in Australia.

Sheila
05-19-2005, 04:50 AM
Lyn
Thanks...she has always been one of my favorite singers...klove that voice!
Hugs
Sheila

Lyn
05-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Update, Kylie has had her surgery and now resting at home. She had a lady surgeon and confident they got it early stage and she will have a full recovery, seems only needed to take lump, her BC has donations coming in and up to $11,000 in 2 days hope they keep it up, problem is that it will go to the Cancer Association and not just Breast Cancer, so we will probably miss out again because of politics.

Love & Hugs Lyn