PDA

View Full Version : 3 years ago today

*_joy_*
05-14-2005, 08:00 AM
3 years ago today I had started the day with my young children and my day care children when I received the call. The CT from the day before (the first I'd ever had since original dx) showed extensive metastases in the lung and liver. The day before my daughter's birthday.

Yesterday i had a check up with the onc, a post CT visit. 3 small liver lesions are stable, some wiggly nodes, and a slight increase in some pleural thickening. I find myself today a little angry still. Anytime there is a little more activity the fear and anger start again.

Then I think, well, 3 years ago they gave me a couple of months. on the eve of my oldest's 6th? No way! My family and friends rallied, i rallied, we researched and researched and researched. we became proactive and today I sit here, the day before my oldest's 9th, feeling very good, hair on my head and options still available to me. The same friends are still here, my family is still supportive and I have this website.

I have no reason to be angry today and many people to thank, which is what I am doing this morning.

Thank you to all of you for your immense support, for the best of the best information that keeps hope alive. i find myself grateful to be a part of this her2support.org community.

My love and gratitude to ALL of you,
Joy

Sheila
05-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Joy
Hope gives us strength....I plan to outlive the stats they gave me too....things are changing everyday and giving us hope for the future. Congratulations on 3 yrs....may you have many many more.
Hugs
Sheila

Christine
05-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Joy,

I can certainly identify with you. My 2 daughters were 5 and 3 when I was first DX'ed in 1990. Now they are 21 and 19, and both college students. I never though that I would see them graduate grammar school and am now looking forward to them both receiving their undergraduate degrees. I guess (and pray) that my next milestone will be becoming a grandmother.

I have attached a link to a story that we ran 2 years ago about Ginger Empey who will be celebrating her 10th anniversary on Herceptin this August.

She describes the joys of being a survivor.

Ginger Empey's Story (http://www.her2support.org/ginger.html)

Hugs and well wishes,
Christine

joy
05-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Thank you Sheila and Christine for continually sweeping us up in determination!
Love Joy