PDA

View Full Version : HER2 Therapies

al from canada
05-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Hello to all,
Here is a great report on the latest HER2 therapies. Very comprehensive and easy to read.

http://www.moffitt.usf.edu/pubs/ccj/v12n2/pdf/73.pdf

Regards, Al

carol
05-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks Al for the great report. These new therapies can't be released too soon! I will discuss this with my doctor. Regards, Carol

Sheila
05-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Al
Thanks for the great report....the Dr. Cobleigh that is mentioned is one of the Onc. that is at Rush....I know they are doing alot of clinical trials and studies...maybe this is why my Herceptin is so high there! I did get my bill from the local onc. office that I went to 3 weeks ago for the Herceptin, and it was 8000.00 cheaper. But the BS that went with getting a treatment there was priceless!!!! I go back to Chicago Monday armed with valuable imformation and prices from all the wonderful people on this board...we'll see what happens.

Hugs
Sheila

05-12-2005, 07:12 AM
seems like Lapatinib monotherapy may be modest?

Lani
05-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Al, for the last hour or so the Moffitt website has been broken so I am unable to access the article. Any way to post it on the site?
Thanks, Lani

*_joy_*
05-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Sheila, it still blows me away, what you are dealing with. I get herceptin every 3 weeks (350mgs?) and for the drug itseld it is about 3800, for all the administering fees my total is approximately $4000. I live in Ft. Collins CO (I'm from St. Charles, IL-40 miles west of Chicago-my mom studies nursing at Rush) and I know the two areas are quite different economically, but our cost of living is not cheap here either.

Just wanted to give you any more info for your arsenal and good luck!
Love, Joy

Sheila
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Joy
I can't believe it either, a difference from Joliet to Chicago is about 7600.00 every 3 weeks....but then in Joliet, they couldn't even figure the correct dosage...it was a mess...I am still fighting it, I have filed a claim with Lisa Madigan, the Attorney General here in IL...so we will see what happens...in the meantime, I am going to continue to go to Rush as they seem to have their act together, and I really like my onc. there. I will keep everyone posted.
Hugs
Sheila

al from canada
05-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I've attached the complete report in the "submitted Articles" Forum
Regards,
Al