PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone listen to Paul Harvey today?

michele u
05-10-2005, 07:07 PM
My dad called and said listen to paul Harvey. you can get on his website andlistsen to the noon one. He said that breast cancer therapy has changed so much in the past 5 years that our survival now is 80%. The only thing that really made me mad was they didn't say what stage, type or anything like that. But, the stats of 80% must mean that the meds they have using the last 5 years must be working!! They also said that pancreatic cancer has now double it's survival rates. The only good thing that i'm thinking is that the usuage of A/C Taxol must be on the right track! Did anyone else hear this?

Lisa
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM
While Paul Harvey can be entertaining, I'm afraid I don't ever trust his "facts." He is frequently incorrect and/or doesn't give the whole picture. When I worked with the American Red Cross, I saw firsthand how loose he sometimes played with his "facts," and refused to correct them even when given proof.

Just say I'm not a fan. BUT, the information about the Herceptin trial are SO exciting. Many of us have been waiting for these results for a while now.

Love and light,

Lisa