PDA

View Full Version : Scans

Janet M
02-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Hello Everyone
I haven't been feeling terrific lately and had the pain in my side that i previously mentioned in a post. So on monday i happened to be driving near the hospital where my oncologist is and made a bargain with myself that if there was a close parking spot i would go into the cancer care unit and make an appointment. there was a parking spot right out the front (very rare) So in i went and spoke to the receptionist, she is a lovely lady and always tries to fit me in when it is convenient for me. She asked if it was urgent as the onc was booked up for about four weeks. I said no not really. She then said oh look at this there's a cancellation for today at 1.00pm so i took that appointment. (obviously meant to be) Told onc that i was just not feeling right. He didn't hesitate and said with what we know about my cancer ( being HER2 +++) that we shouldn't muck around. He then suggested abdo/chest/brain Ct's and a bone scan. Taking the day off work on Thursday and having all the scans done. I'm taking my Mum with me and we will have a day out, do some shopping and have lunch out. Turn an unpleasant day into one with some nice parts. Hopefully i can wait for the scans and take them with me so that i don't have to wait too long for results Janet M

madubois63
02-01-2005, 04:45 AM
The Angels were looking out for you. Get the scans done and put your mind at rest. I will pray your scans turn out as good (or better than mine).