PDA

View Full Version : Liver mets update

Esther
01-24-2005, 09:04 AM
It's been a long year for me since I was diagnosed with bone and liver mets in early Feb 04. My liver was so completely covered with tumors, that even my onc wasn't sure what my outcome would be.

After a year on Navelbine, Xeloda and Herceptin, my bone mets is now NED, and I'm crossing my fingers on the liver mets. I have my next ct scan on Feb 7th. My last CA 27-29 was 49, the lowest yet!

At my last ct scan in mid Oct 04, there were 2 remaining 1/2 inch tumors on
my liver. I am so optimistic going into this new ct scan! I feel great. I
am soooo hoping to hear some good news.

I feel so great, that this Friday we are leaving for a 10 day ski trip to
Aspen! Woohoo!!! I am so excited! Who would have thought that me as a stage 4 BC patient would feel up to this now? We have been skiing in Big Bear in preparation for our trip, and I have the energy to ski 4-5 hours a day! And my balance is coming back, my ski level is almost back to what it was before. The present chemo regimen had affected my inner ear, and my balance was off. I have been working with bosu balls, and doing balance exercises to get my balance back, and it appears to be working.

I know that I will be in some form of treatment for the rest of my life, but
hey, I really think I'll be here in 20 yrs........

Sandy H.
01-24-2005, 09:39 AM
That is so good to hear. Will keep praying that the scan will bear you good news. I just know you will have a great and enjoyable trip. Keep us updated. Hugs, Sandy

Lolly
01-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Esther, you have that fighting spirit and positive attitude that makes for a winning combination in this battle. You sound so strong! Have a great, great trip, and please, if you can get some pictures while you're there those of us who are athletically challenged (me!) might get some inspirition to get cracking on our New Year's Resolution to start exercising more, he he...

Love, Lolly

Barbara H.
01-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Your story is a great inspiration to those of us who have been recently diagnosed with mets. Thanks for sharing.
Barbara H.

StephN
01-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey Lady!
Looks like you have climbed another plateau on the energy front since December. All that fresh mountain air is doing you a LOT of good! Not to mention the balance training.

Christine always says that we need to do things for ourselves that are good oxygen carriers - such as I have doubled my Coenzyme Q10 since discovering the 2 brain mets! But not done enough focused excercise. ;(

Will send all the extra healing power coming my way from so many over to your little spots to turn them to scars on the next CT.

Go for the GUSTO!

P.S. I am about to do a post on the olive oil/herceptin synergy that you may find very interesting.

madubois63
01-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Wow - you are my idol! So glad to hear the treatments and your positive attitude are working. I want to be just like you. I hope the liver spots are shrinking as we speak....

Hope
01-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey Esther, Way to go girl. You keep your positive attitude! Esther, I also having problems with my balance. What are basu balls? Is it due to Xeloda which I am on. Of course, I also have a brain met that was gamma rayed, but still having balance problems. Let me know about basu balls. Thanks. God bless you!

Celina
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Esther, thank you for posting such un upbeat and optimistic message. Enjoy your trip...cherish every moment of it.

michelemd
01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Congrats!!!

Mt Dr. says she can't give me Xeloda without taking me off Herceptin -- are you in a trial??

Cheers
Michele in MD

Celina
01-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Michele,
My sister is due to start Xeloda and Herceptin in a couple of weeks, not on a trial.