PDA

View Full Version : Why Me!!

Lyn
01-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Wouldn't you know it, NED is like a bad husband, I just never know if he is going to stick around long, hopefully he will be back and reliable this time. Just as I was going on my Cruise on Saturday, my right breast had to go wierd on me. Had Mammo and Ultra-sound today and this is what it said, looks like..., could be..., suggest surgical opinion but definately something, recommended in view of the differential diagnosis which would include inflammatory carcinoma, oedema, inflammation or lymphatic obstruction. So can't get hold of anyone until tomorrow. Do I take it that it may not be all bad or is it all of the above. This is the third time I have taken a holiday, 1998 first time found lump and that was the end of that holiday and work for me, second time, lump in neck just as I was going to wedding in New Zealand, 2000, surgeon was all doom and gloom but onc was optomistic and I went on Femara while I was away and then Taxotere, I have just finished 6 monhts of Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin and on Herceptin and Aromasin and now this, I hope it is just some horrible mistake that didn't turn up while I was away to worry me and I can go away with a sigh of relief. Prayers again, I am going either way or I won't be rested enough to carry on.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Sandy H.
01-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Lyn I am so sorry to hear this. It is so hard to plan ahead. I have been there done that between my hubby and me its never ending with appointments, tests and on and on. We have managed to keep moving on. I am praying it will be nothing as serious as the recurrence again. Keep us posted. Thinking of you and sending you a smile and big hug, Sandy

michelemd
01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes keep your spirt up!!

I had Carbo/Taxol/herceptin and went into remission but it came roaring back in my breast and spread to other breast -- neck and brian.

Good luck!!!!

Cheers
Michele in MD

eric
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Lyn,

I'm so sorry to hear that your going through this when you should just be getting your ready for your trip. Here's hoping you only get good news.

Best,
Eric

al from canada
01-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Lyn,
Try to stay trong and think of it as a speed bump.
Wishing you the best,
Al

Lolly
01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Lyn, that's just not fair:( Hope you get a call back soon letting you know what's up, and will be hoping you get good news. AT ANY RATE, you must have your vacation, I agree with you totally there, and when you're back home will be soon enough to deal with this. Hang in there, friend.

Love, Lolly