PDA

View Full Version : New CA27-29 Results

Esther
01-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw the onc. on Monday, and my latest CA 27-29 results were 49! I was so excited, that's the lowest yet.

I believe that 38-39 is considered normal range.

I am scheduled for a ct scan on Feb 9, right after I get back from skiing in Aspen. I'm really hoping those last 2 little liver tumors are seriously on the way out! The last 2 tumors were about 1/2 inch in the last ct scan.

Hope
01-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Esther, sorry to hear about your son. But so glad to hear your tumor markers are coming down. Keep the faith! Are you still on Xeloda/Herceptin. My onc finally agreed to put me on this regimen for a little while until I can get Abraxane. I haven't been doing good but will list separate post for that. She didn't want to put me on Xeloda/Herceptin at first because she said they were antagonistic. Did you ever hear that. Did you have any mejor side effect with that? Thanks for your help.

*_Esther_*
01-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Hope, I have not heard anything about Xeloda/Herceptin being a bad combination.

I have been on Xeloda, Navelbine and Herceptin for almost a year now, and had very good results from it.

I'm not sure what your onc is refering to, but based on results alone, this combo is ok by me!

StephN
01-13-2005, 06:06 PM
HEY!
Your markers are GOOD NEWS. In my review of my liver mets size and markers, this is in line with my remission.

My last two spots were a little smaller, but at a certain size the PET scan declared them as NOT tumors, but scars. It took about 2.5 months after ending the chemos for the CA27-29 to get to 29. And it has NEVER risen above 24 since then in over 2 years.

If these spots are stable on the next CT, ask your med onc about a PET scan (or PET/CT fusion) to confirm whether tumor activity or not.

At the end on my trial drugs I still had low red and white counts and the Neupogen I had to take for so long was messing with my CA27-29 so we also used CEA. When this was .9 (YES - under 1.!) we used this a a high sign for three more doses of chemo just to get a few more cells that may be running around and then ended after the good PET result.