PDA

View Full Version : I'm Finished! - Her2 Vaccine at Pennsylvania

Ronnie
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, I have finished the Her2 vaccine sponsored through the Walter Reed Hospital. I want to thank the angel, Maureen Pavlik, for making this a positive experience. For those who have not followed the updates to the vaccine trial, it is now open to women who have taken Herceptin and for those who have the HLA-2 allele (originally, only women with the HLA-3 allele were accepted). The key is you must be NED.

I can't say enough for the people involved in the trial. They are just great. I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Peoples who has engineered this vaccine. What a hunk and an incredible physician.

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to email me gentilehi5@hotmail.com I will miss not seeing Maureen - but I will not miss the travel to Pennsylvania......it is a loooong haul.

Penny
01-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Congratulations! I haven't followed the vaccine trials and I'm not familiar with you case, I've only recently found this website. Could you tell me more about this vaccine and what does NED mean? My mom has had bc since 1981 and in 2000 it came back in lungs and liver and now she has small spot on spine. Not much left to do, we're grasping at straws. Wondering if maybe this vaccine could be a possibility.

anne
01-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Bless your heart Ronnie! Your message came just when I was praying for something else to help my mother. Did I hear this right that they are accepting people who have had adjuvant Herceptin. I am soo excited. Please send me her contact information if you don't mind. I have to confirm my mom's eligibility. I am trilled for you and I wish you only the best of health. Thank you for taking the time to post this update so others might benefit.
Love
Anne

imported_Joe
01-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Ronnie,
You are a true pioneer. I pray that you will continue to update us here. There is much interest in all the vaccine trials.

Regards
Joe

Lolly
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Ronnie, Congratulations! Many wishes for continued health and yes, please keep us posted.

Love, Lolly

Esther
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Ronnie. keep us posted on your situation. I have tested positive for the HLA2 allele, and after being diagnosed with bone and liver mets in Feb 04, the bone mets is NED, and the liver mets are also almost gone, I'm down to 2 small 1/2 inch tumors.

I am scheduled for another ct scan in mid Feb. Once I reach NED, I will try to enter the vaccine trial in Seattle. Like you and your PA trial, Seattle is a long haul for me from Southern CA. I will have to fly up to Seattle once a month for 9 months. But I'm determined to do whatever I can to increase my chances of beating this disease.

Thanks for updating us! I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Hope to be following in your footsteps soon....

*_Janet M_*
01-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Ronnie (or anyone else)
I have not had any information on the vaccine, and i would appreciate any information that you have on it.
Janet M