PDA

View Full Version : Bone Mets

*_Janet M_*
01-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi
I was hoping that someone could relieve my anxiety. I had a mild pain in my leg in July 2004 and my onc sent me for a bone scan - came back clear. The pain seemed to go away which had me thinking it was just my anxiety and that i was almost talking myself into having the pain. I now have a similar pain in the same leg and now seems to cover a wider area of the leg. My questions to some others who may have experienced the same thing is 1) has anyone had pain which has been investigated - found to be clear and then recurrence occurred in that same area at a later time 2) how often is too often to be having bone scans and the like.
Janet M

Sandy H.
01-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I have a bone and cat scan every 6 months so you are close to that. They have always been clean. Hope this helps. Hugs, Sandy

*_Janet M_*
01-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Sandy is it your oncologists recommendation for the scans each six months or something you actively seek. I live in Australia and my oncologist will only order scans if i complain of some pain/soreness etc. I would love to know what happens with others. Janet M

Kristen
01-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Janet M,
I had pain in my legs and back, they had me checked by dopplar for blood clots and then again with pins for neuropathy and bone scan.

My understanding is that if you get bone mets, you'll know. It is supposed to be very painful and constant. I could very well be wrong, this chemo and induced menopause brain of mine isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

They had me go on Vioxx and it did a number on my equalibribium and then wanted to start me on some other pills and I was just sick of taking something all the time. I found this wonderful masseus and he gets the pain out of my legs and back. Even though they tested my cyatic nerve and said nothing was wrong with it, he said that was it and I left there feeling no pain. It had been so long that I was just thrilled not to be in pain. It still comes around every once in a while and I get it worked on and I leave pain free.

However, that is just me. Always take precautions and have it checked. I did and when they told me it wasn't cancer, I found an alternative to drugs.
I wish you the best. Take Care k