PDA

View Full Version : Ovary Removal

susie
12-04-2004, 01:33 AM
I am considering it... at 51 I had tests: FSH and Lutein and found that I am only Peri-menopausal, though I have not had a period (chemo-induced) in 8 years. No, I am not POST, therefore not a good candidate for arimidex, ect...the anti-estrogenic hormones used to treat breast cancer. I know I could get the Lupron shots, but arent the ovaries just "sitting ducks" for cancer anyway? Also, Lupron shots may have more side effects and inthe long run they are more expensive. HMM....could it be the drug company puppeteers again?

Rozebud
12-04-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure I know the answer.....but tell me what you've heard about long term side effects from lupron shots? I just started zoladex (will be taking them for 5 years unless I decide on ovary removal) and I didn't realize there was much difference other than the latter is major surgery. Other than the side effects from menopause, what else is a danger?

susie
12-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Well. sorry to have to say, the ovaries are a cancer-magnet. They are vulnerable and I'd just as soon not have them.