PDA

View Full Version : update on my dentist visit

Patty H
12-03-2004, 06:11 PM
My dentist appointment went well. They were so nice and I think the dentist was a little shook up. He ask me where I was on my cancer and treatment. I told him we were working on containment and quality of life. I'm so used to it, that I didn't think a thing about saying that. Anyway he said I had 2 small cracks in a couple of teeth and the crown that was sensitive would probably require a root canal. But since the cracks weren't bothering me, he suggested for quality of life that , not messing with them. I told him how scared I was of the root canal and he said they could sedate me. I told him it would be three weeks before I could come back. They did everything right then , a cleaning and x-rays and the root canal with the sedating. I didn't feel much of anything and now I don't have to worry about it a head of time. Patty H

Lolly
12-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Patty,
So glad you got everything taken care of; well done! One more thing not to have to worry about, and clean teeth feel so good!

Love, Lolly

Guest-anne_*
12-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Patty,
I was amused to see your story. I am a dentist myself and have had a couple of BC patients. My mom is a patient herself of BC and dentistry. Regardless, I have on lady who is having braces and is also Stage IV NED. I am happy to make her dream of beautiful teeth come true and hope she will have continued sucess fighthing this beast. I had a suggestion for your cracked teeth. See if you have old silver fillings in them and see if your dentist may possibly replace them with white fillings to contain the cracks. Cracks can cause leaking of bacteria and lead to a root canal, which you don't seem v. fond of. Be mindful of your gums (prevent any inflammation and inflammatory stuff getting into your blood stream) and do not whiten your teeth. The peroxyde is not safe for someone who has had BC and avoid excess fluoride also. I hope that helps. Good Luck.