PDA

View Full Version : stage4 bone mets her2+++

Lu Ann Smith
04-03-2004, 04:06 AM
I have recently been diagnosed with bone mets to spine and chest wall. I am currently undergoing radiation treatment at The Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois. I haven't started chemo or herceptin yet as they have to stabalize the tumor in my back. This is a great place to get treatment but I don't know how I'm going to get weekly treatments there if I'm on herceptin. I can't imagine traveling so far weekly to get treatments. Is there another way to get the herceptin?

Lu Ann Smith
06-15-2004, 03:39 AM
I had a very positive experience at CTCA. I would recommend a visit for a second opinion you will be impressed. I received 22 radiation treatments while I was there which resulted in a 30% reduction in the tumor I have in my chest along with new bone replacing the lesions in my spine. My ca15-3 tumor markers also went from 345 to 111. I decided to receive chemotherapy with a local provider here at home because I was too homesick. I get herceptin taxol and carboplatin weekly for three weeks with 1 week off. I completed 1 cycle without severe side effects. I had some abdominal cramping with diarrhea and aching of my bones. I started to lose some hair the third week. Good luck if you decide to check CTCA out and let me know what you think. Lu Ann