PDA

View Full Version : really could use some support

Cheryl Newell
12-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi ladies, I think I have been put through the wringer the last few days. For anyone who doesn't know about my lastest fiasckle I will try and fill in the missing info. Last Wedensday, I had a brain MRI. They found 2 tumors one in or close to the brain stem and the other one was not in a bad place. Had Gamma Knifesurgery Thursday. The Neorosurgeon was very sure that this would get rid of them. Keeping my fingers crossed. He is now starting to wean me off the streroids.

Today I went for blood work, ct scans, mri, and I also spoke with my oncologist. What a long day. I just got home after leaving @11:00 it is now 8:55.

Please keep me in your prayers that I get good results. I will find out these on Dec.24

I really appreciate everyone here for all your help. I only hope one day I can repay.
Hugs to everyone,
Cheryl

Linda in MI.
12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Hi Cheryl,

So sorry to hear what you are going through, especially during the holidays. We are all in this together....we are here for you to help in any way we can. So many people, including Christine have been successful in treating brain mets. You will be added to this list. We are here, right by your side as your guardian angels. Keep praying, as shall we. I just know you are going to get good results. Please keep us posted.

This will be your best Christmas present ever...I just feel it. Then you can celebrate in grand style with your family. Keep your chin up.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.

Linda in Calif
12-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Hi Cheryl: My goodness! what a day you've had!!!
I hope all of your tests/scans come back clear for you. As others have said, there are many success stories involving brain mets that have been reported here. Let's hope you will be the next one to post good news. Hang in there and know we are all rooting for you. Take Care, Linda

JaneP
12-22-2003, 12:47 PM
You are in my prayers.

Jane

Lolly
12-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Cheryl,
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers along with all the angels here....
Hugs,
Lolly

PaulaC
12-22-2003, 01:04 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers -- you've got a lot of people pulling for you. Keep us posted. Hugs...PaulaC

chandi
12-22-2003, 08:43 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers. The result is coinciding with XMAS, it will be the best ever XMAS gift for you to celebrate in a grandway.
Hugs.
Chandi