PDA

View Full Version : Cheryl...

patty z
12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
the close follow-ups are a good thing :o) You may want to ask for every two mos if it helps your mental state, since you did'nt have WBRT. That is how often I have mine. But it was only a suggestion from my rad onc.

If you have ANY symptoms that worry you after you finish your Decadron, call the doc! You COULD have side effects from the GK, or persistent edema from treated lesions. That is what they are there for....to listen to you!!

My first SRS was successful with no further sign of mets for 6 months. You may have the outcome I hoped for...no more EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, even ten years later....

My third SRS was yesterday. Had four tumors done out of 8. They were all between 1cm and 1.7cm. I decided this is my last. It was another horrid day, 7am until 6:30, plus the trip home and finally passed out in bed around 8:30. A lot of pain, vomiting etc etc...

The remaining 4 tumors are pretty close to being 1cm each. My hope, plan, wish etc. it for some stable disease time from the Temodar. Atleast until spring when I will finally submit to the WBRT. Unless, I have a miracle happen and respond very well to the Temodar.

But this is me! You are in good hands from the beginning and will be watched and do well!

Love and hugs, and very wonderful holidays,
pattyz