PDA

View Full Version : Blood in Urine

Shannon
12-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Has anyone had any blood in their urine after treatment? Went for my yearly pap last week and they detected blood in my urine. I am not seeing any bleeding myself and am not on my period. They tested me and said I am in permanent menopause at 43 yrs. old from treatment. So, I am freaked out needless to say, because Saturday was exactly one year that I was diagnosed. I had my pap at the same hospital where I was diagnosed and parked in the same parking lot where after being told just cried my eyes out with my husband. It was all very surreal. So, now this and I am hoping it's JUST a urinary infection. But, they put me on antibiotics and they didn't clear it up.

So, here I am right before Christmas once again scared to death that I'm going to get bad news today. Last Christmas was the PITS!

I am 3 months post chemo/radiation and was on Herceptin for 6 months up until September. I was taken off trial for low mugas. Am Stage 2 with one lymph node+.

Can anyone share anything with me so I can relax and have a good Christmas?

Thank you and Have a Happy Holiday Girls!

xoxo,
Shannon

kathy
12-23-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm sure its just an infection. Trust in God, relax and have a wonderful holiday. May God bless you.
Hugs,
kathy

chandi
12-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi !
While I was on CMF chemo in 1994/95, I too had severe bleeding where I was treated in the hospital after the 4th cycle. I was 41 then and told that I was heading for menopause.
That much I could remember about the bleeding.
At present I am on xeloda for suspicion on liver met (two small tumors)detected recently on CT scan on a routine and I got persistant cough since March last year after a flu infection. I still have that cough the Onc suspects due to post radiation effect.
If the tests suggest due to menopause it may be correect. Comparing 2nd openion from a another doctor is a worth try.
hugs
Chandi

Kym
12-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi Shannon,
I have been treated twice now since finishing treatment for uninary tract infections so I am sure thats all it will be. Its the taxotere I think... You and I seem to play tag with all the darn symptoms I am betting this is yet another example.....
Be thinking of you my friend... post or email to let me know how you are doing,
Hugs
Kym