PDA

View Full Version : Treatment Update!

Sandy
12-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Well, I started chemo again today. I am kind of relieved tonight as for last few days I was thinking it may not be worth it. It is Taxol, Carbo and Herceptin. If I can manage the side effects, and the hair loss again, and I can, if it will only work. I know there are many of you out there doing it so can I can. Life was so much easier with out it!! Hugs, Sandy

lolam
12-30-2003, 10:20 AM
About this time a year ago I started the same combo. You will dojust fine. I think it is an excellent threesome and I know it will do you good. I finished in April and now just on herceptin. My hair is back to about something I can live with! So time passes and we do what we thought we couldn't do and before long we are again on the other side. God bless you as you shoulder this once more. I really hope that we will not have to pass this way again! Hugs, Lola

Linda in MI.
12-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Sandy,

Are you doing the once a week treatment or the every 3 week treatment?

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.

jessica
12-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Sandy-
Wishing you well with this new combo.Please keep us posted. You sound positive & upbeat and you can't go wrong with such optimism!Keep the faith & know that you have much comfort & support here.
God bless & take good care!
Jessica

carol
12-31-2003, 05:06 AM
Dear Sandy,
Sending you much strength and hoping that you will tolerate the treatment well. Best wishes, Carol

Sandy
12-31-2003, 06:33 AM
I am doing it weekly. Don't know for how long only time will tell. Hugs, Sandy

Sandy
12-31-2003, 11:17 AM
What did you have this combo for? What kind of mets. Hugs, Sandy

Linda in Calif.
01-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Sandy: I had Taxol and Herceptin and found the side effects managable. Just keep in mind that you are a very strong lady (I know because I read your posts.) and you will rise above all of this and beat this. I hope to read more of your "brain storming" posts in the near future.
Take Care, Linda

lindaw
01-02-2004, 05:37 AM
Dear Sandy
I thought I had sent a message but it hasn't appeared. Everything I read about this combo sounds so positive and effective. I am on taxol /herceptin weekly for 3 weeks and then 1 week just herceptin. I had local recurrence of cells at the scar / debate ats to whether skin mets or left over cells from a large tumor. I had pre optrial 3 weekly until the cells appeared .
I had the cells removed and 6 weeks later another microscopic red dot . I had another biopsy and then chemo was suggested. I always wonder if I should have also had post op chemo to make sure everything was gone. Well I am having it now.
I have had 2 rounds ( 2 months) and there is no sign of any red things so i am happy. The chemo is okay. My hair has thinned but not all fallen yet. I have had really painful sore legs from knee to ankle just this last round on 1 occassion. Managed this with panadeine and it was only really bad one day now it just niggles. The chemo nurs said it may happen again.I am not sure what the carbo does for side effects but it sounds good for this combination. All the best - remember it is a good chemo efficacy wise.
love
Linda