PDA

View Full Version : Keep walking...

Ronnie
01-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Good, I am glad you are getting up and about. I feel exercise, however much you can manage, is good to keep the body in order. Keep us posted on your progress. Keep the faith and I am rooting for you 100%.

Ronnie (Diana)

eleanor
01-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Carla, keep up as much excercise as possible. Sometimes steroids can cause myopathy(spelling??) which means it makes large muscles very weak. That's why your legs feel like they're going to give out. I had that happen to me and it scared me cause not only did mine give out, but I was unable to get up after I fell on two different occasions. I literally had to re-learn to walk. Don't panic, I was on an extremely large dose of prednisone for a long period of time and was bedridden for a month due to a severe reaction/complication. I basically lost the use of my legs, but with excercise and walking I was up and about after awhile. It was very scary at the time.
el

Carla
01-05-2004, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the message. My legs are even weaker today. But my treatment ends next monday and the dr. mentioned last week that I might be able to start tapering off the decadron soon. Not soon enough for me. Besides my legs being really weak, they are supporting about 10 extra pounds as a result of my voracious appetite. And, my face has the shape of a frying pan, too. But at least I'm here to complain about it!
Carla
Carla