PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive of Her2Neu gene

Lorraine
12-29-2003, 11:46 AM
I have a question on the aggressiveness of the her2neu gene...if you were diagnosed with her2+3 does that always mean that the cancer will return because someone told me that the question is not if it will return but when will it come back. I thought that you had to have positive nodes in order for the cancer to return. Thanks for all your help, in advance...hugs and praying everyday for a cure...lorraine

JoJo
12-30-2003, 04:13 AM
Lorraine, we do not really know, including the doctors. My surgeon only gave me this statistic info: her2 breast cancers have about 30% at risk of recurrence. She did not tell me which specific her2 cancers (i.e. her +3 or her +1).

According to Susan Love MD book, even breast cancer with small tumors and no node involvement could have a quicker recurrence, and bigger primary cancers could have no recurrence. Each cancer case is very individualized.

Anyone else have input on this?

Happy New Year! Hugs

chere
01-06-2004, 12:48 AM
re:Anyone else have input on this?

Happy New Year! Hugs

i think this is the part where we are all in this together to find out these answers, to learn together; this is the significance of our getting to be part of herceptin trials and learning about how we are faring. herceptin is a recent and major breakthru in cancer research hisory, as we know in targeting this protein.

Happy New Year to you wonderful adventuresses and brave warriors and fare well...

all my best to you,
with love
chere

Sheila
01-11-2004, 12:35 AM
I was dx early 2002, node neg, small tumor 0.7cm, mastectomy , ER PR neg and Her2 3+...BC revisited my lymph nodes 9/03...I am now going through tx of Herceptin alone every 3 weeks. Hope it works...the best thing to do is not worry, but observe your body for any changes.