PDA

View Full Version : other drugs

Jackie
01-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Found my list. The other drugs my onc mentioned were: gencitabina, ceftoxan, metnotrexate, and 5FU. Last one looks odd...I may have misunderstood her. Thanks for any help you can give!
Jackie

Kathie in New Jersey
01-25-2004, 08:32 AM
The last three you mentioned and 5FU were all drugs a friend of a friend was on. She didn't loose her hair and all three were tolerable. I was on Taxol and lost my hair, but I received it full dosage every three weeks. My friend had it weekly at a lesser dosage and didn't loose her hair and once again very tolerable. I did Navelbine/herceptin last time and it only put me in NED for about 5 months. I understand how you feel, I am presently on Femara/herceptin and am awaiting scans in February to see if it is working. Best of luck to you on whatever you end up taking/
Kathie

eleanor
01-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi,
the G drug is gemzar. I was on the tax/carb combo and lost my hair. Went to gemzar and my hair did not grow back while on it.
I know you're scared, but there are some very effective drugs out there. Almost all of them are tolerable and in the scheme of things, if it saves your life, then the side effects are worth it.
Hugs
el