PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives were once conventional.....

Gail S
02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
For thousands of years these marvelous supplements, herbs and health providing substances were standard fare. Alternatives have tenure and seniority. They aren't frightening or unusual. They are simply unpopular in a world of drugs and more drugs. I have refused drugs for the recurrence to the bones. I am giving this precious body what it really needs.

Anonymous
02-19-2004, 04:46 AM
From Gail: "I have refused drugs for the recurrence to the bones. I am giving this precious body what it really needs. "

Can you share your ideas on "alternatives" that might be interesting to others?
Thanks.

Vicki
02-19-2004, 05:30 AM
Most of our modern drugs have been developed from natural substances or plant derivatives of some sort, but they have been quantified and purified to eliminate any contaminants and non-active components, and then measured so that we get a known, rather than variable, dose.

Gail S
02-19-2004, 06:21 AM
I believe that alternatives are so tried and true that I am comfortable trying elements that have been around for centuries. If this time on earth is all that I have left, I choose to do things that are less toxic and might very well rebuild my bones and immune system. So far this has been the case. Eighteen months ago I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I needed two new hips, two new femurs and one new knee. I went from walking with a walker, to a quad to a single and since April of last year, solo. I fell a hard fall four months ago and broke nothing. I have no pain where once I had extreme. The list of alternatives that I have tried is extensive and available to all through alternative sites and internet findings. The choices are individual. I am currently trying Femara (though I was told I was ER negative), IP6, Wobenzymes, multi enzymes, Spirulina, Barley Green aka Barley Life, Skeletal Strength, and Coral Calcium plus (minerals included). This isn't for everyone. If a person has their mind set on conventional treatments then there is no changing that mind. For me there was no choice. I tried the chemotherapy for the primary six and a half years before. There is not enough promise in toxic drugs to satisfy my mind.