PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true

Vicki
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Sounds pretty dodge to me. If it were as good as they make out (>8000 pts trialled, over past 20 yrs, with fantastic specificity and snesitivity and low false neg and pos rates) I'm sure this would be in wide spread use. Interesting find if you put antimalignin into google.
Vicki

Lolly
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
It does seem that way, wonder why we've never heard of it before? I'll have to read up on this some more...
Hugs,
Lolly

Steph N.
03-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I did the Google search as you suggested. Boy - a lot of mentions - several pages of them. Going back to 1998 or so. There were some very scientific articles as well as mentions by a number of naturopaths and folks into alternative med. Seems to have a rather wide group who know of it and recommend it - and not only in the USA.
I was looking for some info as to whether it might be a test covered by insurance or not. This could be a reason it not widely used in the clinics we gals frequent.
It would be nice to have a periodic test to tell whether SOME OTHER cancer could be present and developing as we have a greater chance for something else to occur. Some other cancers are harder to detect - nothing as obvious as a breast lump to give it away!
I will be interested in further info.