PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

Judy
03-22-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm new to this board. I have had 3 weekly session of herceptin for stage 3A cancer treated with 2 rounds of chemo and sugery + rads. I'm now starting herceptin off label. Now my question...after each herceptin treatment I have had prominent blood vessel lines show up on my breast going from the nipple/scar site to the inside edge of the breast. There is also a very sore spot where it seems to end. The breast seems to swell some and below the lines the breast is quite white while above the line it is more red (from rads?) After a day or two the blood vessels seem to rupture, it looks nasty but doesn't really hurt except for the swelling. By the time I go back for the next infusion...all looks normal. I had the rads nurse look at it...she said it didn't look dangerous but didn't know what was going on and just told me to call if it got worse. Now....has anyone else had similar symptoms. Herceptin or rads???? (Finished rads 4 weeks ago) I'm not too nervous because it goes away but it sure is strange!

Jackie
03-22-2004, 01:23 PM
My experience isn't quite like yours, but I did suddenly develop some visible blood vessels around the scar a month or so ago that were sensitive for awhile, and my onc said it was from the radiation (received in 2001). I have been on wkly herceptin + chemo drug since last summer for mets. The blood vessels have now diminished but haven't completely gone away, but are no longer sensitive. I would ask your onc about it to relieve your mind. Good luck to you!