PDA

View Full Version : achy

Michele U
03-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Did anyone else have this problem? I finished my 12 doses of taxol Feb.27 and had 3 doses of weekly herceptin. I didn't have much numbness and tingling in hands feet but now I'm achy everywhere like I've worked out and hands falling asleep during night and numb feet during day.I take darvocet becuz the achiness is so bad. I thought after taxol it would get better. Does the stiffness every go away?

Sue H
03-23-2004, 04:30 AM
I finished Taxol the end of January, am still on Herceptin. I too, ache - especially my hips and legs. I've been taking Motrin & Tylenol together, but it really doesn't do much. My chemo nurse tells me this is something that may last 6 months to a year. I'll be so thankful when I finally feel "normal" again!!

Linda in MI.
03-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Hi Michele,

Glutamine powder by a company called pure encapsulations really helps. There is no flavor. Just add it to juice , 1 tsp. 2-3 times a day.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.

Sue C
03-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Yes, I've been on Herceptin for about 7 months and the ache is going away. But in the beginning, i had to take Motrin. God bless everyone.

Sue C

Sandy
03-23-2004, 05:11 AM
I have several friends ( they have arthritis) that take flaxseed capsules from the Health Food store. It works great for them! I take Barlean's flaxseed oil mixed with low fat cottage cheese (mix 2 Tbsp oil with 1/4 c of cc., to change consistency and flavor I add a little yogart, strawberries etc.)and I have no aches or joint pain. This combo is good for the cancer. I also take gluatamine powder but the flaxseed seems to do the trick. I was on Taxol/Herceptin before and the aches and joint pain was terrible. You may want to give this a try. Hugs, Sandy

Jackie
03-23-2004, 10:17 AM
It's been 21/2 yrs since I was on taxol, but am on herceptin + chemo drug now. I have arthritis in my lower back (which doesn't bother me) and hips that about killed me this winter. No response to Motrin, aspirin, etc.(which made me question whether it was all from arthritis), and a huge problem until I started a glucosamine w/ chondritin supplement. I am an equestrian, and riding frequently had me in tears! The pain is almost completely gone after 6 wks of taking it. Taxol can remain in your joints for a long time... my ring size went up on both hands from it, which seems to be permanent. Hope you get some relief!
Take care,
jackie