PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin for Cancer that isn\'t Breast Cancer?

Linda in Calif
03-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Ladies: I was wondering if any of you could help me out. One of my daughter's teachers called me today because she had heard that I was a cancer survivor. She had gotten the news, yesterday, that she has cancer in her sinuses. This is the third time in the last 3 years she has been diagnosed with cancer. First she had breast cancer, then uterine cancer and now cancer in her sinuses. Her Drs. have said all of the cancers are unrelated. I told her about some of the great results people have had here at the HER2 site using herceptin. But I wasn't sure if herceptin can be used to stop the growth of any other cancers besides breast cancer. Does anyone know if herceptin can be used to treat other cancers besides breast cancer? I would like to offer her some hope. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. Linda

Lolly
03-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Linda, here's a link to an article I found on NCI's site; the last paragraph discusses trials underway using Herceptin for other cancers. The article is a couple of years old, but you could do some searches on the other cancers and see what you come up with. Hope this helps.
hugs, Lolly