PDA

View Full Version : Elevated heart rate

Merridith
03-23-2004, 04:30 PM
I have just finished 4 rounds of A/C every 2 weeks. I normally have a resting pulse of around 68 beats @ minute.

Currently my resting pulse is around 106 @ minute and has been for some time. I have mentioned to the doctor that I have experienced heart races for around 10-20 seconds starting with the third treatment of A/C. He didn't seem to be concerned.

Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect? Should I be concerned?

Lisa
03-24-2004, 02:16 AM
I, too, have had an elevated pulse since starting on Navelbine/Herceptin. I was told that this is normal with some chemos.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

Linda in MI.
03-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Hello,

My heart rate is also elevated and has been for the last couple of months. I average about 98. Mine might be because my heart has to work a little harder due to the fluid retention that I have. But the nurses have told me for anyone, up to 100 beats per minute is o.k.

Blessings and Hugs,

LInda in MI.

Merridith
03-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all your info ladies. I was quite concerned about the safety of my heart rate as right now I am on a ski holiday. Although I don't do a normal ski "day", I have been skiing about 3 hours @ day and wondered if I might be stressing my heart out too much. I've taken today off to see what your responses might be.

Thanks again!