PDA

View Full Version : achy - ring size

Steph N.
03-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Jackie -
My ring size also went up from 6 1/2 to a 7. I almost could not get my wedding ring off before I realized what was happening. It is a rather thick band with 3 diamonds and it was painful to remove with cold water and soap!
It does NOT stop there - my SHOE size also went up about 1/2 size. I had to get rid of my nice shoes that no longer fit as it was too frustrating to have them around.
And all this with only a 10-12 pound total weight gain since initial diagnosis.

Ann
03-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Steph,

You may want to ask your doc if you are retaining fluids and get a diuretic. I'm currently on Navelbine and Herceptin and have found that I'm now able to wear my rings, etc. since starting the diurectic...I was already on Hydorochlorotthyozide which we increased to 50mg.

Good luck!

Lori
03-24-2004, 10:47 AM
I just saw my onc today and told him my rings weren't fitting anymore and he ordered a Doppler of my upper extremities, bone scan, and CT of the chest! He's worried that maybe a blood clot was formed due to the Mediport. I think maybe I just need a diuretic! Oh well, he's very cautious.

Steph N.
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Lori -
This statement from you reminded me that I DID ask for and GET a weak diuretic:
"I think maybe I just need a diuretic! Oh well, he's very cautious."

I had forgotten as I took so many different things! I got a prescription for Furisimide and took it when I felt the most water retention - so not every day. It was just enought to get me over those times.