PDA

View Full Version : Kytril

Annamarie16
03-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Haven't been on the board for a while. Been extremely nauseated. They gave my Kytril. Anyone out there tried it for nausea? I have lost 7 pounds since last week. Not sure if it is the Navelbine or if I may have another brain met.

Lolly
03-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Annamarie,
I was given Kytril for my first few infusions of Navelbine/Herceptin, I'd forgotten about that until seeing your post this am. I was able to discontinue it after the first few treatments, so hopefully you will be able to get the nausea under control and that it's not another brain met, pray to God. Hope you're feeling better soon,
hugs, Lolly

Vi
03-25-2004, 09:52 AM
I used Kytril with the Adriamycin....I was convinced that this made me sick, not the chemo. I was not brave enough to go without it though. Hang in there.

patty z
03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
oh Ann........phooey. I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so sick........

I was given Anzemet with the Navelbine combo. I don't ever think I had any nausea. But I have to say, your nausea scares me...as I am sure it does you. Sure hope it is your personal response to the Navelbine.

love and hugs, xoxoxoxoxox
patty

Jackie
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you've felt so ill, and hope it's only due to the navelbine. My clinic just switched over to a new premed called Aloxi, which is supposed to work better and for longer than anzemet. I'm not familiar with Kytri. I had more of a problem with heartburn than being nauseated with any of the chemo drugs. However, I just had some sort of intestinal virus (severe diarrhea) for the better part of a wk and lost 5-7 lbs, so I can sympathize! I hope something works for you soon.