PDA

View Full Version : navelbine - tingly feeling

lindaw
03-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Dear All
I know this has been mentioned before but I am new to Navelbine (2 doses) and have started to experience numbness in my fingers particularly. I do take one teaspoon of the gluto L thing a day and avitamin B tablet. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Lindaw

Ellen Ewart
03-28-2004, 04:12 AM
I am on navelbine,xeloda an dmethotrexate for a first line chemo (since I couldn't do taxol and already completed 12 weekly ac's and radiation. Anyways the nutritionist at the Cancer
Center in Seattle and other people I have talked to say 30 grams of l-glutimine which is 6 tablespoons! So perhaps if you upped what your taking it will help. Doc said that a 50.00 jar should last around 3 weeks. Hope all is well otherwise. I cant find many women who have taken XMN as there 1st course of chemo, most do ac then taxol so if any one has any advice I would love it. I have 9 more weekly infusions to go. Thanks and God bless. Ellen

Linda in MI.
03-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi,

Take 2-3 tsp. of the glutamine powder. See if that helps.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.

Sandy
03-28-2004, 11:15 AM
I was also told it has to be at least 30 grams of glutamine powder a day. There is a spoon in the container to use and it does cost $50.00 a container for a 3 week supply. I am on my 4th container. Its not cheap trying to keep ourselves healthy but if I can save my hands and feet its worth it. Hugs, Sandy

Steph N.
03-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Did you ask you med onc (or the nurse) about this?? Whether it should resolve itself with a little time off the chemo?
I also took Folic Acid along with the B6 as directed by my doc.
The L-glutomine (about 2 spoons per day) WAS a big help to me as I was taking a LOT of weekly chemo (Taxol AND Navelbine) for about 7 months. My neuropathy was not as bad a some other women had, and within a year's time after getting off chemo, the tingling was nearly gone. Still have it to an extent that I can "feel" from time to time, but no problems with balance, fine motor skills or dropping things.