PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Mother/Daughter Breast Cancer

Elisabeth in Ontario
03-27-2004, 12:00 PM
My mother was diagnosed when I was 3 (1965), had a radical (very radical) mastectomy and cobalt treatment. She was 49, she died at 73 of a neurosarcoma (new primary).

Linda in Calif.
03-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi All: Sheila got me to wondering (see Sheila's post a few below this one) how many of us that post here have Mothers who had breast cancer and what was the outcome for them (our Moms). You've got to figure some of them must have been HER2+ but unlike us didn't recieve herceptin. It would be interesting if we were able to hear of more of these "success" stories like Sheila and my Mom.

Here's my info:

Linda in Calif. - My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 11 years ago. Very small tumor, lumpectomy/radiation/tamoxefen (5 years) and still going strong today. (I wish I had her energy!)

Trudy
03-28-2004, 11:12 AM
My Mom had breast cancer 19 years ago and she is still doing well, no signs of recurrance. She had
a radical mastectomy and no further treatment.

Trudy

jeff
03-30-2004, 11:24 PM
My partner Rachel got her dx in diagnosis in December of '02 at age 38. Her mom, was originally diagnosed at around the same age. Rachel's Mom basically self-treated herself with modified Gerson, raw food diet, etc. This was all before I knew Rachel, but her Mom lived some fifteeen years or so before she had the recurrence that ultimately took her life.

Best,
Jeff