PDA

View Full Version : goodbye

kim
03-29-2004, 11:21 PM
my mother passed away early saturday morning. she had been bc w spread to the brain. had mesectomy in '99. all fine until last sept when brain mets appeared. had wbr. found new mets in brain on march 1. dr said wbr or gamma or surgery woulnd not work. checked her into hsp on march 19 and drs said that they was nothng they could do for her, except keep her comfortable and not in pain. - was in a semicoma most of the week. on friday nite she could not walk - sunday could barely stay awake - monday could not use the bathroom at all - knew she needed to but muscles wounldnt relax enuf - tues culd not swallow soup. ran out of her mouth. we buried mom yesterday. she was only 53 yrs old and my best friend in the world. we did everything together. i miss her so much i wish that i could go with her. but i do want to thank all of you for the support and encourgement that you have given me the last few months. i wish you all the best in your treatments.

eleanor
03-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Kim,
I am so sorry to hear this news. Please take comfort in knowing how close and special your relationship was.
el

Paul
03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Dear Kim,

I am deeply saddened to hear of your mom's death. My mom is battling this disease and she is my best friend too. As long as you keep your mom's memory alive and celebrate her life, her relationship with you will continue. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Warmest regards,

Paul

Ann
03-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Kim,

My heart is breaking for you and your family. I hope that you feel the prayers and love of this online community.

I am a 53 yr old bc patient w/a daughter and son that are as wonderful as you are. I know that your Mom felt your compassion and love every minute of her life. Remember each of those moments you had together.

Love and Hugs,
Ann

Velva
03-30-2004, 04:37 AM
Kim,
So sorry to hear of loss of your Mom. Prayers to you and your family. Velva

lolam
03-30-2004, 06:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your mom. What a heartbreak! I am so glad that you had a close and loving relationship right up to the end, you have good loving memories and they will sustain you in the days ahead.Time does heal the terrible pain you feel today, we pray that someday you will be comforted by all the memories you shared. I pray that the God of all comfort will comfort you each and every day and all along the way! God bless you and keep you in His loving care, Lola

Chandi
03-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I am sorry to hear the news. My condolences and I pray for her & you all. Lastly, your update of her status & condition on this board has surly brought some help for others as well as an eye opener for the reaschers in finding an early solution to save the lives of many others.
Chandi

Lolly
03-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Kim,
I'm sad to hear of your mom's passing. I keep a place in my heart for all of our sisters who have gone, and your mom will be with them. Thank you for letting us know, and if you want to just "pop in" and let us know how you're doing we'd be happy to hear from you.
Blessings on you and your family,
Lolly

Mary - Tierrasanta in San Diego
03-31-2004, 08:13 AM
Kim, your post was especially painful for me. I was diagnosed with extensive Brain Mets on Thursday and had my fifth WBR today. I am also 53 years old and never thought this challenge would present itself. I am so sorry for your loss.