PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call To Assist Mel

Paul
04-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Ladies (and gentlemen),

Mel could use some input on the type of treatment you elected with respect to Stage IV mets to the bone and liver. It appears that her mom is HER-2 positive based on the primary tumor pathology obtained in 2000.

Mel also has generally inquiries regarding pain management in connection with bone mets.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Warmest regards,

Paul

Paul
04-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Mel,

I have provided a cross-link below to the results that I obtained from www.clinicaltrials.gov by searching for the terms "trastuzumab" and "Stage IV". Trastuzumab is the generic or chemical name for Herceptin™. Just "click" on the link below and it should take you to the results.

eleanor
04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Mel,
You came to the right place, hope we don't overwhelm you though.
A could place for info is any of the cancer websites, of course. But for personal experience, you can't beat this board!!!!
Go with your mom to the dr and be her eyes and ears. Right now she is probably unable to grasp anything because of the shock. When you first find out the cancer has spread, you go into a panic.
There are lots of chemos out there. One of the best combos is taxotere/carboplatin combined with herceptin. There has been alot of success with Navelbine and herceptin. It's important she have ALL scans done so that the dr's know exactly what they are dealing with and they have something to measure. Please note, no chemo (including herceptin) can pass the brain blood barrier, so brain mets will be a whole other animal.
ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS and post here often. There is alot of experience available to you here.
We will be praying for you
el